**disclaimer**
If you are one of my "real life" friends, please read with caution.
You've been warned.
Every now and again I get this feeling.
A feeling that I hate.
A feeling that turns me into the jealous type.
A feeling I wish I could shake.
I've grown to learn it's unshakable.
It's just who I am.
This feeling takes me back to my high school days.
When I wasn't "cool" enough;
I wasn't "thin" enough;
I wasn't part of the "in" crowd.
I was always left out.
You would think the "feelings" would go away with age.
Yeah, apparently they don't.
I have a pretty BIG group of friends.
And when it comes to friendship I like to think that I'm as LOYAL as they come.
I like to make sure that EVERYONE is included when outings happen.
If I'm going to a game, a bar, a concert I always invite.
I.ALWAYS.INVITE.
So why is it that I'm ALWAYS left out?
Yes, I know if you're going out on a "school" night I will likely not join in.
But the invite, that's all I'm asking for.
One little phone call or text saying "Hey we're going to (fill in the blank), you want to come?"
Is that too much to ask?
Sure, I may be over-reacting.
But it's not a one time feeling.
It happens all the time.
And I'm at the point where I just want to say to hell with it.
If you want to see me, you want me to go out, then you're going to have to call me.
I'm done with calling and asking what the plans are.
Is this a wrong feeling?
Should I just see a therapist and get over it?
Will medication be involved?
**I realize I may regret posting this, but they're my feelings and I'm posting anyways.**
If you are one of my "real life" friends, please read with caution.
You've been warned.
Every now and again I get this feeling.A feeling that I hate.
A feeling that turns me into the jealous type.
A feeling I wish I could shake.
I've grown to learn it's unshakable.
It's just who I am.
This feeling takes me back to my high school days.
When I wasn't "cool" enough;
I wasn't "thin" enough;
I wasn't part of the "in" crowd.
I was always left out.
You would think the "feelings" would go away with age.
Yeah, apparently they don't.
I have a pretty BIG group of friends.
And when it comes to friendship I like to think that I'm as LOYAL as they come.
I like to make sure that EVERYONE is included when outings happen.
If I'm going to a game, a bar, a concert I always invite.
I.ALWAYS.INVITE.
So why is it that I'm ALWAYS left out?
Yes, I know if you're going out on a "school" night I will likely not join in.
But the invite, that's all I'm asking for.
One little phone call or text saying "Hey we're going to (fill in the blank), you want to come?"
Is that too much to ask?
Sure, I may be over-reacting.
But it's not a one time feeling.
It happens all the time.
And I'm at the point where I just want to say to hell with it.
If you want to see me, you want me to go out, then you're going to have to call me.
I'm done with calling and asking what the plans are.
Is this a wrong feeling?
Should I just see a therapist and get over it?
Will medication be involved?
**I realize I may regret posting this, but they're my feelings and I'm posting anyways.**

7 comments:
Okay, you are probably asking the wrong chick based on my post today, but honey, I think that this is totally a valid feeling. It really sucks to feel this way and then friends start to get weeded out, but those who really truly matter will be there no matter what. You can count on that. And if you ever want to make the trip to Cleveland you can bet you money that I will be there wanting to hang out with you.
xoxoxo
I could have written your post. I've got some good friends, but just like you...I'm not included. Then, what hurts the most is hearing them talk about their extravaganzas (after the fact) in front of me. Add my child into that, and it's worse. You see...said friends have kids my son's age...but do they think to call us when they're having playdates??? No...and it truly sucks for my son (and me quite frankly). Yeah I homeschool, yeah we're on a different schedule...but know what...I'm the teacher, and I'm flexible. Anyway, you are soooo not alone, and you have every right to feel the way you do. It's not fair, and it does suck!
If you ever come my way, holler, and we can hang out. ;) Hang in there...your true friends will wake up and learn from this rather than walk away!
I guess I wasn't in the "in crowd" either but I was still friends with you!! You were one of the first people I thought about after getting engaged! Love you!
I so could have written this! My whole damn life! So I actually have no good advice about it, but I'M WITH YA! Sound like we could talk for a loooong time. Perfect. I think we already have a playdate of our own scheduled for July. Am I right?
hi. happened onto on your blog. your brave for putting this out there when you know your buds are going to read it. but fuck it. they oughtta know. google "black hockey jesus" and check out his post --"uninvited". think it might make you smile.
Girl, I totally love you. Serious. I think we all feel that way some days. I'd invite you too something in a heartbeat, but we you know, live 1000 miles apart. But hey, BH is only like two months away and you are coming and I am going !!!!!!
raw raw raw, you rock!!
As soon as I had kids all my invites stopped. I couldn't go on the spur of the moment anymore and none of my friends have kids so they would just assume. Little did they know the invite was all I needed.
Post a Comment