Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's been 1 week...

and I feel great!!!

It's officially the end of my first week to a healthier me and this is my weekly check in with the blogosphere.

Update:
Starting Weight (Jan. 5, 2009) - 283.4 lbs.
End of week 1 (Jan. 14, 2009) - 274.2 lbs.
Total lost - 9.2 lbs.
124.2 lbs. to go to reach final goal weight
(I never in a MILLION years thought I would post my weight on-line for the ENTIRE Internet to see. I must be crazy, right? No, I just figure if I'm going to share my journey I need to be honest and tell the WHOLE story, even the not so pretty side of things. No excuses...)

I've done miraculously well food watching for the past week. I've been sure to eat breakfast EVERY day, I've raised my fruit/vegetable intake and I've been drinking enough water to fill a small wading pool. It was all pretty easy in week 1. I know that it may not be this easy every week, but I feel a motivation and desire to lose the weight this time that I've not felt before. Where the motivation is coming from, I'm not sure, but I'm damn happy it's with me.

The fitness front, because I know you are all wondering, is going well so far. I started my new work-out regiment on Monday. I'm not gonna lie, it was hard to get in to the gym. I've not worked out on a regular basis in many, many years and I wasn't too sure how I would do. I was ready to quit about 5 minutes into my elliptical machine work out, but forced myself not to give up so easily and to push on. I did and 2 miles and 25 minutes later I was done and then I did it all over again on Tuesday. It's amazing how revived you feel after working out. I absolutely forgot what that felt like and I think I like it.

I was not able to make it to the gym today, my dentist visit this afternoon totally cut in to my new routine, but I hope to pick up with it again tomorrow.

I hope that you are all sticking to your new years goals and thank you so much for the happy comments and good luck wishes.

Until next week...

4 comments:

Heather said...

that is awesome! I am so excited for you! Keep up the good work.

PsychMamma said...

Wait??? NINE POINT TWO POUNDS IN ONE WEEK??? That's incredible and amazing! You totally rock. Keep it up!

Tom said...

I'm late to the party. This is wonderful! Outstanding!

I can't find my blog said...

Awesome! I know I'm late, but at least I made it. Keep it up! 9+ the first week ROCKS!!!