I'm not one that usually discusses politics. It's not that I don't care, I just don't like the argument heated debate that it usually stirs up. With that being said I'm stepping up onto my soap box, just for a minute, to vent about what has really been bothering me about this election.
Here goes...

I'm a HUGE believer in EVERYONE's right to vote and that EVERYONE should take advantage of their right and let their voices be heard on election day. I believe that EVERYONE should pay attention to what's happening in government and vote for whom they feel will benefit the entire country. Pay attention to the issues and to what the candidates stand for. Vote for the man that stands for what you believe in. Vote for what YOU believe in.
My BIGGEST pet peeve of the 2008 election is this:
I was watching the news last night. As is the norm every 4 years around this time, they were covering the election. Yeah, I know you're shocked. Here in Texas we're able to vote early, for 2 weeks prior to the election, and the news was interviewing a woman that had just cast her vote. She stated that she voted because, in her words, "I want to see a black man in the White House in my lifetime and this may be the only chance I get."
I was really bothered by this statement.
This isn't the first time that I've heard a statement like that out of the mouths of voters, and the comments have gone both ways. Some voters state that they would NEVER vote for one because of his "color" and others are voting for one because he is a certain "color".
Who cares if the candidate is Black or White, Yellow or Green, Blue or Purple? Vote because the candidate is going to change the world, because he's going to lower taxes, because he's for/against abortion, because he's going to jump start our economy, because you feel as if he will benefit YOU for the next 4 years, running the country the best way that he knows how, not because he's one color or another.
This is the first, and probably the LAST, time that I'll discuss politics here. I was just bothered by the statement, so I figured why not blog about it.
So, as I step down from my soap box I hope that you will all pay attention to the last 3 days of campaigning and go out there and VOTE, on Tuesday for what you BELIEVE in!
Here goes...

I'm a HUGE believer in EVERYONE's right to vote and that EVERYONE should take advantage of their right and let their voices be heard on election day. I believe that EVERYONE should pay attention to what's happening in government and vote for whom they feel will benefit the entire country. Pay attention to the issues and to what the candidates stand for. Vote for the man that stands for what you believe in. Vote for what YOU believe in.
My BIGGEST pet peeve of the 2008 election is this:
I was watching the news last night. As is the norm every 4 years around this time, they were covering the election. Yeah, I know you're shocked. Here in Texas we're able to vote early, for 2 weeks prior to the election, and the news was interviewing a woman that had just cast her vote. She stated that she voted because, in her words, "I want to see a black man in the White House in my lifetime and this may be the only chance I get."
I was really bothered by this statement.
This isn't the first time that I've heard a statement like that out of the mouths of voters, and the comments have gone both ways. Some voters state that they would NEVER vote for one because of his "color" and others are voting for one because he is a certain "color".
Who cares if the candidate is Black or White, Yellow or Green, Blue or Purple? Vote because the candidate is going to change the world, because he's going to lower taxes, because he's for/against abortion, because he's going to jump start our economy, because you feel as if he will benefit YOU for the next 4 years, running the country the best way that he knows how, not because he's one color or another.
This is the first, and probably the LAST, time that I'll discuss politics here. I was just bothered by the statement, so I figured why not blog about it.
So, as I step down from my soap box I hope that you will all pay attention to the last 3 days of campaigning and go out there and VOTE, on Tuesday for what you BELIEVE in!

1 comment:
I so agree with you!
also people vote party lines just because they have no reason other than he was a dem or rep. it should be about issues and nothing else!
Post a Comment